Employment / Labor Law
Whether you are an employee or an employer, at the Cheri L. McCracken Law Firm, we can provide legal service for as little or as much as you need. Litigation is an ongoing process with many stages. We can take you from the consultation, discussions and negotiations before filing with any agencies or courts, filing the complaint, discovery, settlement negotiations, trial if necessary, and appeals.
As a seasoned attorney in the above areas of practice, Cheri has the unique experience and high results in the negotiation process.
Federal employees often seek specialized advice. Each area of practice and venue will be unique for each agency and the process therefore needs a skilled professional who can navigate these fields. The federal process can seem daunting and its own administrative nightmare. It can feel overwhelming for the employee. You need to know if you've exhausted all the administrative avenues; Cheri McCracken ESQ. is experienced in representing federal employees for the last 30+ years.
Employment Cases We Cover:
- Federal Sector Employees - Grievances, Matters before the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), Office of Workers Compensation Program (OWCP), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Office of Federal Operations (OFO).
- Administrative venues–EEOC, Dept. of Labor/wages
- Civil Rights Issues, Discrimination - Sexual harassment, Age, Sex, Race, National Origin, Gender, Pregnancy, Religion
- Unpaid Commissions
- Equal Pay
- Wrongful termination
- Wage and hour disputes
- Disability (ADA or Americans with Disabilities Act)
- FMLA (Family Medical Leave)
- FLSA investigations
- Breach of contract
- Job Offers
- Non-compete Clauses
- Employment manuals and advice to small employers